Friday, October 3, 2008

BBQ Spare Ribs - Robyne (Caldwell) Zollinger

Hi Mindee- I saw your post and thought I would add a recipe to this blog. I hope that's okay. ( I love to cook and try new things.) Here' s a recipe of my mom's that is a family favorite and yet so easy to do.

BBQ Spareribs

2-3 lbs. boneless country style spare ribs. (I like the pork ribs.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. celery seed
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the brown sugar, celery seed and chili powder all together. Coat both sides of the ribs in the sugar mixture and place in a crock pot. Pour remaining mixture over the top of the ribs. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. And pour a can of tomato soup over the top of the ribs. Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or until they pull apart easily with a fork.

Very simple, but very yummy!

2 comments:

Our Favorite Recipies said...

I am so glad you posted a recipe. This blog is for anyone who is interested in sharing their recipes. The ribs sound so good. I am going to try them this week!

Alan and Mindee said...

I tried these last week and they were so yummy!! I will for sure make them again!
Mindee