Friday, October 10, 2008

Fried Chicken - Lisa Walburger



This is a recipe we really enjoy and it is easy to make so I like it. I made it last night for the hubby and my dad and they both really liked it. I served it with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and corn....we felt like we were in the south!

1 Whole Chicken, cut up (I had chicken breast and drumsticks, so that is what I used)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 cup milk
Oil for frying

Put milk in a small flat bowl. Mix flour, salt and garlic salt in another small bowl. Heat oil for frying. Dip chicken pieces one at a time in the milk then into the flour and place them into the hot oil, skin side down. When browned, turn and cook on other side until browned. Transfer pieces to a parchment lined baking pan and bake in the oven, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 375 degrees. Cover lightly toward the end of baking if they get too brown. Enjoy!!

No comments: