Wednesday, March 2, 2011

~Hamburger Veggie Skillet~

This recipe is best when using fresh garden veggies, and can be played with using and combining different veggies.  I decided to try it with some asparagus, it's one thing I cant grow in my garden, but wish I could. I had it and the other things on hand, so decided to whip it up for dinner the other night. I DO have to admit it's much better with the red potatoes, onion, carrots, and squash from my garden, but the asparagus in this was sure a yummy combo!

* 1lb hamburger, ground (don't drain off the grease, unless it's tons. Works well for the veggies to not stick)
* One medium sized onion, diced
* 5-6 whole carrots, peeled, chopped in circles or cubed
* 6-8 Red potatoes, skins left on and cubed
* One bundle of asparagus, cut into thirds
* Salt, pepper, garlic salt, and parsley to taste

In large skillet brown the hamburger, onion and seasonings.
Add the carrots and potatoes, cook these until tender.
Then add the asparagus, cover and cook about 10 min longer, stirring occasionally.
Serve & Enjoy!! 
Me and the fam love this made all different ways, it's easy, and you only dirty up one skillet :)


Just added the asparagus...
 Lookin good....
 Ready to dig in......

1 comment:

Alan and Mindee said...

This looks tasty and I am all about the "only dirty up one dish" kind of meals! Thanks:)