Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fruit Salsa With Cinnamon Chips

My friend Lacee D. first introduced me to this recipe and I cannot tell you how many times I have made it this summer! So darn good! It's an addiction you can feel good about! Below is an exact recipe, but you really can add whatever you want. Today I did fresh pears, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes and peaches because that is what I had on hand. It was delish!

Ingredients:
1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
1 medium navel orange sectioned and chopped
3 medium kiwi fruit, peeled and finely chopped
1 8oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple drained
1 Tb. fresh lemon juice (or lime works great)
1-1/2 tsp. sugar (Optional, it really doesn't need it!)

Cinnamon Chips
10 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1/4 cup melted butter (can use non-stick spray instead)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:
In a small bowl combine first 6 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. For chips brush tortillas with butter (or non-stick spray). Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut into eight wedges Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa.


p.s. sorry the font is so small!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I love love love this recipe. It was so yummy when you made it at your house