Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Linda Chipman

1 3-lb pork roast (I used boneless)
2 onions, sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and coursely chopped.
Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 cup of lime or apple juice
2-3 cups ( I used Bullseye Original barbecue sauce)

In a crockpot slice up one onion. Set meat on top of it. Shake a generous amount of Montreal Steak seasoning over the meat. Slice the other onion and the green pepper on top of the roast. Sprinkle the lime or apple juice over the meat. Cook on high for 7 hours. Take meat out of pan and shred with a fork and pour off the juice and discard juice. Put meat back in pan and add the barbecue sauce. Continue cooking for about an hour. Serve on rolls. I like kaiser rolls. We really liked this recipe.

1 comment:

Alan and Mindee said...

This was very good. I used Famous Dave's sweet and zesty BBQ sauce which I had on hand. It made enough to eat as a meal, and for leftovers plus I froze some to eat on another night. Thanks for the yummy recipe. I think Heston enjoyed it more than all of us combined!!!