Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sausage-Stuffed Jalapenos - Mindee W.


This is for all you risk takers out there. I thought these were pretty darn tasty even though my hubby is not a pepper fan (which was ok, more for me to eat!) Besides seeding these I would also recommend stripping out all of the membranes so they are not to hot. I also halved the recipe!
Ingredients:
1 lb. bulk pork sausage
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
22 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
Mozzarella cheese
Ranch dressing optional
Cook sausage until no longer pink and drain. In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Fold in sausage. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno shell. Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Top each pepper with Mozzarella cheese the last few minutes of baking and serve with Ranch dressing if desired. Yield 44 appetizers.

No comments: